Convener: Davide Vaghetti
Abstract: 3 Use Cases for Attribute Authority. Possible solutions for Discovery.
Tags: Attributes, Discovery
In every case you need an attribute authority but only one (the third one) needs discovery:
1. Authentication Authority is Attribute authority: AA Discovery is sufficient.
2. VO AA that knows about membership info that the Campus IDP (AA) does not, but the SP will know which VO AA to contact.
3. Usage of external AA like eGov ID, things like Switch eduID or Social IDs, there only the User will be able to tell which AA to use. This use case is in need of AA discovery.
1) Attribute Authority WAYF (after authentication)
2) Attribute Authority Central Discovery and Collecting or “(A)AC/DC”
Also take a look at: EduKEEP: towards a user-centric identity federation
Off- topic discussion, presentation of a Dutch UETP Uniform Economic Transaction Protocol
Discussion about Identity Layers in Bank domain:
The idea of the entity becomes data-centred as open source - it is important to cooperate. Real-time relevant authority routing. ID is a set of attributes like MAC address, IPv6 Address, connected by a handle based on RFC 4122.
Attribute Authority Discovery will be necessary for R&E when eGovID-like technologies will be delivered.
An Attribute Authority Central Discovery and Collecting mechanism or (A)AC/DC seems to be the simplest solution.